Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Who was Valentine?

Well...do you know who he was? I don't.

He must have been a nice chap - one would think he'd have to be to start a day dedicated to love...

Or maybe he was just lonely and thought that if he named a day after himself, the women would flock and swoon? Maybe his real name was "Valentino" - a Spanish Casanova who dedicated his life to seducing women and breaking their hearts? Maybe he started the day to remind all the lonely people that they were just that - lonely and alone? Maybe "Valentine" was really "Valery" who wanted to invent one day every year that she would receive an ampel supply of roses and chocolates? Maybe there was no such person as Valentine?

Regardless, I don't really care who he/she was. It is a rather nice idea - to have a day. A special day dedicated to love. Not for chocolate and flowers, not for candle-lit dinners and sweet nothings - but just to remind us to say those words.

I love you. I always will.

Chaman and I at "Harem" a Turkish restaurant (with BELLY DANCERS!) on the 14th February.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys are so cute.

ingrid.

Lyn said...

Happy Valentines, love you guys heaps, Lyn xoxo

Lyn said...

Hey Jes, hope you're feeling better, I've been praying for you, was talking to your mum on the phone and she said you weren't well! I go to my doctor tomorrow to get my blood test results re cholestorol and sugar, I'm praying for good results! love you xo

Lyn said...

Hi beautiful birthday girl, hope you had a great day Jes, God Bless, love Lyn xoxo

Anonymous said...

lovey jes, it seems u love playing with your blog and updating it with lovely pictures. i wish we had some more pictures on the turkish resturant. i am having a headache shocks these days and specialy now when i am writing to u. i don't know why. love u jes. chaman shah