Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Last Day

Sigh. Today is the last day of Summer. Every year I look forward to the 3 blissful months of heat - December, January and February. Now, I can feel the edge of Autumn creeping up, ready to bite me.I was born in Summer - maybe that's why I have a fixation with beautiful warm days. Maybe I just have cold blood?

But summer also has a down-side: AIR CONDITIONERS. When I heard the dreadful news I was devastated. The news of the AIR CONDITIONER. It was at the end of 2005 (if I recall correctly)when my mother broke the news that we would be getting an air conditioner in our living room. It wouldn't have been a problem if it was set at a constant temperature of 35 degrees but it never was. 24 degrees, sometimes 22 if it was particularly pleasant outside. There are times that I need to sit in the sun to thaw out.

The train rides are the same. If the temperature outside is warm the train drivers would over-compensate and create a mini Antartica for the un-suspecting passengers. Most people would sigh with relief as they entered the frost-bitten carriages but not I. For me the sigh would only be uttered after both my feet were on the platform and my feet began to take on their natural colour again.

So today I say good-bye. Good-bye to my much loved summer and hopefully good-bye to the frozen indoors. Until next year. I hope our air conditioner breaks down in the mean-time.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I agree Jes, air conditioners are no good! I'm so sad that summer's over but at least there's still some heat left! I've read that you're not well at the moment. I hope it's nothing too serious.
Love Kristin xoxo

Jes said...

I'm ok Kristin - just some chest pains (an inflamation) which kinda hurts. I am pretty tired that's all. Can't sleep much these days.
I hope your elbows better?

Lyn said...

Hi Jes, sorry to hear you're not sleeping so well, I'll pray for you. I'm actually looking forward to autumn, I think it's my favorite season! We get such high temperatures here in summer, autumn is usually nice and mild. I love your blog header, I might have to get Rach to make me one. Love you, Lynnie xoxo

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are cold blooded - just like the toads!!
If the air conditioner breaks down you'll be blamed!!! don't touch it while i'm gone!!
Very pretty blog! I'm safely at Rach's place!

Love Mum

Anonymous said...

i love winter. im so excited its autumn because that means soon it will be winter with hoodies and jeans and hot chocolate with marshmallows and curling up in bed under the doona. mmm winter.

but i still love you. hehe.

ingrid

Jes said...

OH MY GOODNESS - MUM COMMENTED!!!! (Did you type or did Rach??!!) I am not a toad thank you very much.

I hope you are having fun.

Love you.

P.S. It's actually been really hot here!

Lauren said...

hey jes!
i met your mum yesterday at Rachel's birthday celebration we had a nice chat and i'm sorry to hear about you being so un well. prayers for you lady!

loz x

ps your blog is looking really good!