Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Wouldn't It Be Nice?

Wouldn't it be nice if the church was a place to fellowship, serve each other and to praise God? Well, most of the time it is! Unfortunately, our church is going through a major crisis at the moment and we need prayer. Please pray for the people causing the hurt, the pastors (my Dad and Rob), the people in all 3 congregations of the parish and the Lutheran Church of Australia.

I must say, that it is in these difficult times that we have really felt the love and support of many of the members of the church community and I just want to say thank you to everyone who has given this support to dad and our family. Thank you thank you thank you.

I am a sinner. I am weak and I make plenty of mistakes but it really makes me dispaopinted when people who claim Jesus as their Saviour blemish his name. I believe in forgiveness but I also believe in the words of James - "hearing the word without putting it into practice is useless." I am tired of people being turned away from the church because of the church. Wouldn't it be nice if people tried a little harder to love their neighbours, speak the truth and walk in the light.

Please - Don't be turned away when you see others make mistakes, chances are, you have made a few of your own!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

jes, your in my prayers. xoxo. miss you bub :)

Jes said...

How did you find me? Add me to your myspace then I can comment on there! And... why "Charlie!?"

Lots of love and hope you are doing well - Jes

Rachel Esther said...

that's a good question jes!

do you remember the Mysterious City of Gold? With the GOlden condor?!! I found it on the internet! I am downloading the episodes! so excited!

good post by the way....

Jes said...

The Golden Condor - oh my goodness, I loved that show! it reminds me of the Bible stories where the 20th century kids go back in time and get up to mischief and meet Moses and Noah... How do you find all this stuff?!

Anonymous said...

hey jes, r u still single. i thaugh u are in relationship with some one. i hope u love kids. have what does rach wrote in her comments saying except for mine u mean. see u soon brother. love u heaps chaman