Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Lovely Lyn



Lyn is one of my favourite people in the WHOLE WORLD! She has been a part of my life since the day of my birth and she continues to bless me through her love, generosity and wisdom. Lyn is my god-mother, mentor and friend and I love her a lot.

The whole god-mother/god-father thing has become quite a joke in some Christian circles. The role can be taken on by anyone the family desires and is often given to someone who has no spiritual input into the childs life at all. Sometimes the god-parent can even be a negative influence rather than a positive one - a travesty.

For me, a god-parent should be someone who is a spiritual parent to a child - and later - to the adult. A god-parent should be a model of faith and love; a consistent example of the truth and a patient listener.

My Lyn is all of these things and I thank and praise God that he loved me enough to give me her!

May God continue to bless and keep you in his care Lyn.

(thanks for the photo!)

1 comment:

Lyn said...

Jes, what can I say except it is a joy a blessing and a privilege to have bonded with you since you were born. How I treasure the memories of holding you snuggled in my arms when you were an infant and now to know you as the precious child of God that our loving Father has grown you into, I am truly blessed, love you always, lyn xo